Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Anzac Day

Anzac Day, and we went to the zoo. Seemed like a good idea at the time, problem was that EVERYONE else in Adelaide decided to go to the Zoo. Still, even tho the line for entry was about 30 mins long, we went. Emily got a kick out of petting the animals. Although about 5 mins after this photo, a bird shit on her head. She wasn't too happy with animals then...
We got to see the gorillas being fed, and it was kinda strange. You look through this big glass window at the gorillas walking around their enclosure and finding the food (Vegetables - Emily got mad at me pointing that out every 2 mins) and then taking it into the corner to eat. I guess because they have such human like features, I felt like I was intruding on them, as though I shouldnt be watching, and that it was really mean of us to be making such a spectacle of them. So we left and looked at other stuff. The forrests were cool. We watched the fairy penguins being fed, Emily took this shot while sitting on my shoulders (there was so many people watching I couldnt push her to the front). Now, let me tell you, the girl may look small, but when she sits on your shoulders for 10 mins, man, what a pain in the neck! Emily and I walked half way across the zoo, watched the penguins, and still had some time to spare, while Mum and Dad got us lunch! And we had to fight for a seat. I swear, there were a million people there.

Hippos are so totally cool man. They make the freakiest noises.

We must have spent 4 hours there, Emily was getting tired, and all she wanted to do was go to the shop and buy a toy with her own money. But we were too late and the shop closed...

She was not a happy camper. I managed to get an 'Adelaide Zoo' sticker from the front desk lady, and we got out of the zoo without property damage.

No comments: