Now that I have figured out how to use this, I can show ya what Lorne is like. We raced IRB's at Lorne Beach. The Lorne SLSC is right down the far end, and in the picture you can see the yellow DHL Patrol Shelter out the front of the club rooms.There was hardly any surf, and it was quite cold, and rained a little on the Wednesday.
In this pic, you can see that the run to the finish line is quite long, but because the tide changed so quickly the course had to be reset basically after
each event. So in some events the run was huge,
and in others you could basically drive over the finish line.So the highlight of the competition, for me, was that I came 2nd in my heat of the Surf Rescue (Straight). Check it out here. It was great. Mandi was my crew and Anna the patient. But then in the next round we came last. Thats me driving, in the red singlet.
I'm pretty sure these two pics are from that race. As you can see, the surf was flat, o
nly theoccasional shorebreak. Although, on the first day when they were warming up the boats (because it was pooled boats and motors we didnt have to provide our own equipment) they rolled two boats! It was hilarious.
In one of my races, I think it was the second round of the straight rescue, I fell ass over tits, face first in the sand!! And if just falling isnt bad enough, they got it on video! How embarrasment.
Well thats about it. Dad and I had a full day of travelling on the way back. We caught a bus to Geelong, and a train to Melbourne, then a plane back home. We got to use the new airport! It took us all day, but it was fun. We wandered aimlessly around Melbourne, stoping at pubs when we were thirsty!
4 comments:
Due YOU need to update your blogspot!!!! :-p
back at'cha
how entertaining 2nd daughter!!!!!!!
Hi second mum and dad!
Post a Comment